As announced in the December 2021/January 2022 issue of The Passport, WACMB is pleased to present the 2022 Great Decisions program, which is produced by the Foreign Policy Association of America (FPA). This discussion series begins on Monday, January 31st for nine weekly meetings on Monday afternoons from 3:30 to 5:30 PM via Zoom. The first thirty minutes of each meeting will be an optional Master Class lecture on the topic followed by group discussion starting at 4:00 PM. The schedule of topics is provided at the end of this message.
The program is free and open to the public, but advance registration is required. WACMB will offer two groups this year: one solely through the WACMB MPC Discussion Group, and one in collaboration with the Osher Lifelong Learning Institute (OLLI) at CSUMB.
Registration has already begun for the WACMB Great Decisions Group via the WACMB MPC Discussion Group. There are still some places left; if interested please register by sending an email to WACMB at firstname.lastname@example.org. Once registered, you will be sent a Zoom link for each session. This year, the MPC discussion group will be moderated by Boyd Haight and Linda Dilger.
Registration for the OLLI Great Decisions Group opens on Thursday, January 20, at 10:00 am, at https://olli.csumb.edu/courses/. Once registered, you will be sent Zoom links for each session. This group will be moderated by John Hetz.
The Foreign Policy Association produces a Briefing Booklet to be used with the Great Decisions program. There are two ways to obtain the booklet.
- Order the booklet directly from FPA at https://www.fpa.org/great_decisions/index.cfm?act=show_material&product_id=16874 or by calling FPA at 1-800-477-5836 The booklet costs $35 plus shipping
- Purchase a Kindle-compatible e-booklet from Amazon for $24.99 at https://www.amazon.com/Great-Decisions-Foreign-Policy-Association-ebook/dp/B09PQ94Y63/
WACMB 2022 Great Decisions Schedule on
Mondays from 3:30 to 5:30 PM
- January 31: Changing Demographics
- February 7: Outer Space
- February 14: Climate Change
- February 21: no meeting (Presidents’ Day)
- February 28: Russia and the U.S.
- March 7: Myanmar and ASEAN
- March 14: The Quad Alliance
- March 21: Industrial Policy
- March 28: Drug Policy in Latin America
- April 4: Biden’s Agenda (MPC group only)