Joining the World Affairs Council of the Monterey Bay Area (WACMB) brings opportunities to participate in the programs of the Council and the national organization, to support the work of the Council, and to meet others who share your interest and concern in international issues. Membership is open to anyone interested in international issues, global events, and related domestic issues. The Council’s regional boundaries include the Central Coast counties of Monterey and Santa Cruz, California.
- The Council sponsors monthly luncheon lectures featuring timely topics from prominent foreign affairs experts such as academicians, diplomats, journalists and United States and foreign government officials
- Membership Rate for our Programs and many councils in the national network of World Affairs Councils
- WACMB monthly Discussion Group
- Annual Great Decisions Program Series in the spring, an 8-part series of discussions focusing on the most important foreign policy issues of the year. Optional low-cost purchase of the Foreign Policy Association briefing book
- Subscription to The Passport monthly newsletter and calendar of events
- Opportunity to attend the national World Affairs Council of America annual 3-day Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Opportunities to participate in the national World Affairs Council of America International Travel Program, with educational tours that include behind-the-scenes briefings
Dues and Donations are tax deductible. Higher dues levels help support the organization. WACMB is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization with Federal Tax ID 77-0301206.
|Student / Military *||$15|
|* Full-time Student at an accredited college, university, or graduate school; or Military enlisted personnel grades E1 - E4.|